In addition to the support and guidance provided by our office, be sure to consider to the following resources for additional research, funding, and presentation opportunities.
Please visit the following pages for information on campus-specific grants and events, such as research exhibitions and fairs.
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Arts and Architecture
- Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications
- College of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Development
- College of Information Sciences and Technology
- College of the Liberal Arts
- Eberly College of Science
- Smeal College of Business
- Undergraduate Summer Research Opportunities
The University Libraries is here to support students throughout the entire research process. For those just starting undergraduate research experiences, the Libraries can help prepare you by helping you to build skills needed for this work. Additionally, once you've entered an undergraduate research experience, the Libraries can help supplement and enhance your experience with workshops geared towards building research skills. The Libraries can provide guidance and training in addition to your mentors in your undergraduate research experience. There are many places to look for help.
Based on your library need, you might want to consider:
- Find your subject or campus librarian and schedule an appointment with them
- Use LionSearch, from our Libraries’ homepage, to find interdisciplinary resources related to your topic
- Find your subject guide for database recommendations for your field of study
- Schedule a maps & GIS consultation here
- Schedule a statistical analysis consultation here
- Schedule a research data management planning, data visualization, and data sharing consultation by emailing L-DATA-MGMT@lists.psu.edu
Not sure where to start? Feel free to reach out to Hailley Fargo, Student Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com, for help with knowing whom to contact.
The Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR) is the preeminent organization centered around strengthening undergraduate research and creativity activity. As a Penn State student, you are eligible to take advantage of the University’s enhanced institutional membership and register for an individual membership at no cost. Membership benefits include listings of undergraduate research and presentation opportunities, access to CUR Quarterly, CUR’s online archive of Webinar Recordings and materials, and more.