The Beinecke Scholarship is seeking nominations for its graduate scholarship for an outstanding Penn State undergraduate who is planning to enter a research-based master’s or doctoral program in the arts, humanities, or social sciences. Students must have demonstrated financial need. This award has no geographical limitations and aims to encourage and enable highly motivated college juniors to pursue graduate opportunities available to them.
- U.S. citizen or national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
- Documented history of receiving need-based financial aid
- Demonstrated superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement, and personal promise
- Proposed graduate study cannot be in neuroscience or for professional degrees that emphasize skills and practical analysis such as business, law, public health, public policy, and social work
- A completed application
- Personal statement (1,000 words) describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations
- Three letters of recommendation from Penn State faculty members
- Curriculum vitae or resume
Office Application Deadline - November 27, 2022
Given that the University is required to nominate its candidates, there is an office application deadline and evaluation process. The University can nominate one applicant.
To be considered for University nomination, you must email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) the application materials listed above, including letters of recommendation. Recommenders can also email their letters directly to the office. Afterward, you will be notified if you’ve been nominated or not. The nominee will work with the office on the application materials required by the Beinecke Scholarship Program.
National Application Deadline – February 8, 2023
Application materials required by the Beinecke Scholarship Program must be submitted directly to our office by email (). The selected nominee will also be required to complete a financial data sheet (available here) and submit it directly to Beinecke via email.