The Fulbright U.K. Summer Institutes are three- and four-week programs for first- and second-year undergraduate students. Participants explore the culture, heritage, and history of the U.K. while experiencing higher education at a U.K. university. The Summer Institutes cover the majority of participant costs, including round-trip airfare from the U.S. to the U.K., tuition and fees at the host university/institution, accommodation and meals, and in some cases a small daily allowance.
- U.S. citizen
- First- or second-year student (1-2 years of study remaining after applying)
- Be at least 18 years old
- GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Have had little or no study/travel outside of North America
- Must not have spent more than four weeks outside of North America in the last five years
- A completed application
- Two short essays, one on leadership and the other on your chosen summer institute
- Two long essays, one on what makes you unique and what you hope to get out of the program (i.e., a personal statement) and the other on a current affairs issue relevant to the U.S. that is of personal interest
- Two letters of recommendation
- Reference writers will submit their letters through directions that are emailed to them after submitting their email addresses
- Transcript (official transcripts are preferred, but not required)
Application Deadline - February 27, 2022 (expected)
Applications must be submitted directly using the online application system.