The Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Program at Stanford University is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world and offers a transformative experience comprised of opportunities for leadership development, mentorship, and immersive interdisciplinary experiential learning. The program annually identifies a group of up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world with demonstrated leadership and civic commitment to receive full funding to pursue a wide-ranging graduate education at Stanford, with the goal of developing a new generation of global leaders.
- Senior or recent alumnus/a
- Applying to enroll in any full-time graduate or professional degree program or any of the joint- and dual- graduate degree options at Stanford University
- Demonstrate independence of thought, purposeful leadership, and a civic mindset
- A completed application
- Three short answer responses ()
- Two essays, one on the influences in your life and the other on how a Stanford education with Knight-Hennessy will prepare you to realize your intentions (one thousand words, combined)
- Two letters of recommendation, academic or professional ()
- Standardized test scores, if required for graduate degree program
- Video supplement (two minutes)
- Does not need to be submitted at time of application
- In-person assessment (by invitation only)
- Curriculum vitae or resume (one page)
Office Application Deadline – September 12, 2021
While this scholarship does not require office involvement, we highly encourage applicants to notify the office by email (email@example.com) to allow us to help them prepare their written materials before the national deadline in October.
National Application Deadline - October 6, 2021
Applications must be submitted directly using the online application system. Applicants must also apply separately to the Stanford degree program.