The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP) offers competitive scholarships to students from disadvantaged backgrounds who are committed to careers in biomedical, behavioral, and social science health-related research. The program offers scholarship support (up to $20,000 per academic year), paid research training at the NIH during the summer, and paid employment and training at the NIH after graduation.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution located in the United States of America
- 3.30 GPA minimum or in the top 5 percent of your class
- Demonstrate exceptional financial need
- Guidance on NIH’s website, income limits vary with the federal poverty line
- Submit Certification for Exceptional Financial Need (EFN) form to Penn State Financial Aid for processing
Application Deadline: March