The Undergraduate Research Ambassadors Program is a peer mentorship program that helps represent research and creative activity in various multi-disciplinary academic fields throughout the Penn State community, from humanities and social sciences to business to visual and performing arts to STEM. This program is a volunteer opportunity. Ambassadors will help to represent undergraduate research at their home campus to fellow undergraduates, faculty and staff, and alumni.
- Currently enrolled Penn State undergraduate in good academic standing
- Will not graduate before May 2021
- Minimum overall grade point average of 3.0
- Have participated in undergraduate research for at least two semesters OR one full summer
- Interest and ability to share about your research experience at Penn State
- Ability to provide an encouraging, supportive environment for culturally diverse students
Candidates should have a passion for promoting undergraduate research at Penn State and helping students connect with various research opportunities. The weekly time requirement and expected hours are flexible. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting individually with fellow undergraduates to help peers get involved with research on campus
- Participating in panel discussions and other events
- Being available to visit classes and student organizations to describe research opportunities
We currently looking for ambassadors from the academic colleges of Arts and Architecture; Smeal College of Business; Bellisario College of Communications; Health and Human Development; and Liberal Arts and from campuses other than University Park.
Interested students should email the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Cover letter
- Current résumé or CV
- Unofficial transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a research mentor that speaks to your experience as a researcher and student leader. Mentors can email their letters directly to the URFM office (email@example.com).